Ingredients (for 4 persons)
- 110 ml strong coffee
- 1 litre of milk
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla pod
- Grated zest of half an untreated orange
- Warm four heat-resistant glasses.
- Place the milk, crumbled chocolate and the cinnamon stick into a saucepan and bring to the boil at a medium temperature, stirring all the time. Remove the saucepan from the cooker.
- Cut open the vanilla pod and scrape out the pulp.
- Stir the vanilla pod, the pulp, coffee and orange zest into the hot milk and leave to infuse briefly.
- Strain the liquid into the warm glasses and serve immediately.
Add extra flavour to your Café Après with a dash of alcohol (e.g. rum).